Pages

Labels

9.15.2010

NA_Prj3_Detail Narrative











Raven Wolf Jennings is a spiritual jazz musicians that I met at the river market. He plays every Sunday from 6am to 2 pm before heading off to his next gig. I am creating a brand identity for his company Pug Dog records, and telling his story. What I have learned thus far from the art of communication, is the separation between a story and the narrative. The story is the content, or the series of events being told, the narrative is how it is being told. Raven Wolf comes from old roots of traditional jazz so I have decide to add different textures and tones to make his story seem more authentic, and vintage. Also how the story is introduced effects the outcome of the emtion being portrayed.

2 comments:

  1. Bryan,
    It was interesting to hear Raven speak about the story behind his record company. Him being a musician makes sound an appropriate channel for you to be using here. As for the adding of the vinyl crackle to make his story feel more authentic I do not know. It does not make me as the listener feel like his story is more true but it is a nice stylistic layer. Hopefully you will be able to use some of this narrative as a story to be told when it comes to branding the company. I wonder if your logo can tell this same story by using just a static mark? How can you bring some meaning into the logo with the use of motion?

    I like that the narrative opens with Ravens voice and he starts telling us the story without me hearing the question asked, including the question would have been unnecessary and probably would have taken away from the experience. Distancing yourself from the subject and letting him give you your narrative content was a good approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan,
    Within your audio I thought you had some good points. By letting him tell the story on how he named his record company was a good idea. It is a good detailed story that lets the listener think of Jennings on a personal level. Another point I enjoyed was the man in the background. The listener is able to picture in their mind of two men sitting outside and telling stories, making a "scene" within the audio. However, some how I wish you could have included a detail into what type of music his record company usually supports

    ReplyDelete