Pages

Labels

8.30.2010

Narritive

For my narritive top I have chose to compose a piece about Busking - Street performance or busking is the practice of performing in public places for money. People engaging in this practice are called street performers, buskers, street musicians, minstrels, or troubadours. (Wiki Defined). I've seen many different aspects of this culture through the events put on in different cities, and would like to explore what this part of our society is about. My first reaction was to create a brand identity, and was a little unclear as to what I would be branding. Whether is was busking as a group or an individual street performer. The audience would be more captivated if it were about busking as a culture instead of the individual, so my focus will be on the group. Through my research I discovered that Kansas City Missouri was trying to put a ban on busking, and greatly reduce the time and location that buskers could preform. This happened around 2007, and would made a great information narrative, but due to the time frame I have chose something a little more current.

I have decided to stick with my initial decision of creating a brand identity narrative, and have decided to focus on the Lawrence busker festival held annual in downtown Lawrence. This festival is just completed its third year, and is still fairly new giving me a good opportunity to create a brand narrative for the event.

Here is the site I will be using as a reference point for my remaining research Lawrence Busker Festival There is great photography here, and insight as to what my target audience is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment