Pages

Labels

4.09.2010

Linear Progression of Information Graphic





Here is my development process of the information graphics I have designed for the magazine spread.
I split it up into 4 parts ;
1) Analogue study:
(prototyping) with a few thumbnail sketch ideas
2) From analogue to digital"
this step was about getting all the information on the digital format, and making sure to have all the statistics correct.
3) Formal element study: I experimented with the scale of my icons, the paintings, and the pattern used to represents the necessary quantities.
4) Digital Refinement:
This is the final step making fine tune adjustments for spread application, color corrections, and craft issues. I decided to use my first choices in color palettes in this step, because I felt the colors work well over the entire spread. The first colors were a mid-tone gray with a rich burgundy then I switched it to a more mid-night purple. The burgundy has better contrast, and adds a more dramatic statement to my content.

No comments:

Post a Comment