Pages

Labels

3.11.2010

Icon Color Process




The color process of this project has been fun. Breaking down an icon into simple forms with little consideration is a good technique to have and will try to follow throughly. After I developed a system to employ I then began consideration of color to communicate my story. This part became a little more difficult, because color can have so many meanings. I had a set with red and grey as my two hues, and I felt the colors work well together. The problems was that I might not keep the lipstick as a icon in the end and the red hue wouldn't represent anything. I chose to change the red hue to a midnight blue/purple to represent the night and the high class nature of the crime (purple). I think I might be exploring the red/grey system further down the road if this system isn't the right match for my set. I also reworked my palette to improve the communication of the colors with my story, I feel the second set is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment