Pages

Labels

9.11.2009

My Book Theme update

I was going with a them of characteristics of water, and through the process I began to realize by constructive crits that my words were to vague for my theme. After deliberating and reiterating I realize my theme in general was to vague and generalized. I played around some some senariors of water and came up with some interesting words that I think work well. Discussing my chosen words in Type today it dawned on me that they fit will with a story of a storm. More specifically an ocean storm, and that is what my theme has been developed into.

The words are as follows and in a chronological order to narrate a ocean storm.

1. Turbulence
2. Cascade
3. Erode
4. Destroy
5. Isolate
6. Cleanse
7. Rejuvenate
8. Transform
9. Tranquil



the scenario I played off of were rainy days, surfing at the beach, hiking to glaciers, swimming at the lake, floating the river, and sailing the ocean. All developed similar words at some point through mind mapping and those are the words that I've chosen.

1 comment:

  1. These 9 word choices are much better (I get ocean storm from all of them) and are more specific to the topic. From the order of your list - it looks like it includes not just the storm, but the aftermath as well.

    Be careful that 6, 7 and 8 are visually different approaches.

    While some of the scenarios you listed in the last paragraph have nothing to do with ocean storms, I hope you can now see how having a specific scenario in mind, can help you to arrive at your solution, much more so than less directed assumptions.

    ReplyDelete