Pages

Labels

3.12.2010

Seven Deadly Sins Process



For the seven deadly sins I had a variety of ideas that I wanted to explore, and through sketching and brainstorming was able to narrow it down to a series of miniatures. Originally I was thinking of shooting a person committing a sin in an everyday routine ( wake up snooze, eat to much breakfast, and road rage) to make this more interesting I thought of having the person committing the act also watching in the scene. The photography would have to be altered and wouldn't have been successful otherwise. The second idea and probably my strongest was to attend a college party and catch people in the act of committing the sin. The series of sketches below were how I explored this approach ; gluttony would be a person passed out on a couch and beer cans all around, lust would have clothes placed around a room and two people covered in a bed. Unfortunately I became ill and was unable to shoot this idea, so I finally went with my third idea of using extreme proportion change to exaggerate the sins. I feel the series turned out well. The sins are communicated clearly, and have a interesting appeal. I do feel there could be a little more relationship and consideration between the pictures and the arrangement within the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment